Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Finished Cape!

Finally, here is the finished cape! The pattern is Not-A-Poncho City Cape from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. It is a top down knit and I used Patons Soy Wool held doubled. The colour is Natural Crimson. The only thing I changed was the collar. I tried the collar 3 different ways and after the last try last night I pulled it out, crocheted an edge around the neck and called it finished. I wore it today and it is warm and it fits great.



Now that I have something finished, it is giving me hope for my other projects. It is a cold, windy, rainy day here today so that makes it a perfect day for knitting with a tiny bit of house cleaning thrown in when I need to take a break (I am not counting on too many breaks though)

5 comments:

Rose Red said...

Yay, a finished cape! I love this pattern, and I think it looks great with denim!

knitty_kat said...

Congrats on the FO, what will you work on now?

Rose said...

Your cape looks great! Sorry about your forecast though. Glad you're enjoying my flower photos.

Delusional Knitter said...

Looks great! Love the color. I take breaks for housework too ... but not too many, LOL!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Today will be a knitting day for me too. With all this wind, it's perfect for surfing, so while Gavin surfs, I can knit up a storm in the car.