Monday, May 30, 2011

The Answer Is...

Thanks to everyone who left their guess in the comments yesterday. As you can see, it is a slipper. Not a bikini bottom like my husband guessed!


Unfortunately, I don't like it. It is a cute idea, both of the ends fold over the longer middle strip and you sew the toe together (it is three layers thick) and then you sew both side seams. Once is is all together you (or at least I did) end up with a very funny looking heel.

I am not even going to finish the second one. I am moving onto a sweater project.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Ew... it does look kind of funky. But what will you do with just one slipper? At least knit the second one and give the pair to someone you secretly loathe, while going on and on about how hard you worked to make them.

marycatharine said...

It does look a little bit strange... I'd have never have guessed slipper.

knitty_kat said...

I wonder if it would have been better with a few more rows on the wrapping section?

I have to say, I'm glad it's a slipper and not a thong (scratch, scratch)