Sunday, June 19, 2011

Movie Theater Knitting

We are heading out soon to go for a Father's Day brunch and then to go see a movie this afternoon. When it was suggested that we go see a movie the first thing I though of was what am I going to knit. The Noro sweater is finished!! I am almost at the toe on the moccasin sock - not enough knitting and involves measuring - not always the best thing to do in the dark. I am shaping the arm holes on the sweater - counting rows involved there and the other sock is on dpns - not movie theater friendly needles. So this leaves me with no other choice.


I have to start something new!

8 comments:

Rose Red said...

I usually have to start a new project when I go to the movies too - usually a garter stitch dishcloth!

Audry said...

Oh dear. What a problem to have :)

Alyssa said...

This goes along with my theory that all new projects are fated, not slated! :)

Caffeine Girl said...

I can't imagine how anyone knits at the movies. I would have dozens of dropped stitches, even on straight up garter stitch!

Mereknits said...

I usually take an easy project to the movies, too. I was tempted to take one to the ball game the other night but resisted the temptation. While I was there enjoying the game I didn't know what to do with my hands!
Happy Tuesday,
Meredith

Kepanie said...

Wow! You are so cool to be able to knit in the dark. What movie did you end up seeing?

knitty_kat said...

You knit in the movies?! Really?! I've tried it but I get far too distracted & have to rip. Good on you! What did you start?

Baker said...

So, like doesn't the constant "click, click,click" of needles disturb the other movie-goers...? lol In the future, will we see a "Put away your needles" notice" up on the big screen, right after the "Turn off your cell phones"?