Monday, July 25, 2011

A Finished Skew Sock

This has been an interesting sock to knit. It has certainly kept me on my toes!


This picture shows what the sock looks like after the heel is magically kitchener stitched together. The leg is ready to be knit but the stitches are not an even height so the entire leg is knit with short rows.



Here it is finished. I changed the pattern a bit for the ribbing. Instead of changing to a smaller needle I just decreased 10% of the sts and carried on. It is a bit long for me but otherwise it fits fine. Now to start the right sock.

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Very cool looking, but I'm still not sure I'm likely to knit it. Still, well done and very effective with the stripes!

Alyssa said...

I like it!! I'm going to make a pair for W, but shorter- no short rows for me, blech....

Kepanie said...

This technique is super neat. You're doing an amazing job.

Delusional Knitter said...

Very cool. Looks awesome in the self striping yarn.

knitty_kat said...

I've never seen this one done in self striping yarn before, nice!