Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Knitting Group

Our Friday morning knitting group has started meeting again but in a new spot. The Perc in Aylmer is our new meeting place from 9:30-11:30.

My sock is at a spot where I need to concentrate on the increases and decreases so it wasn't a good project to take with me this morning. So, that left me with no other choice than to start a new vest. It is as simple as they get. Garter stitch, knit all in one piece and no shaping. This is just what I was looking for - miles of mindless garter stitch. Perfect for chatting and knitting.


Here we are eating, drinking, knitting and chatting. It was a great way to start the day.

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Your knitting night looks very well attended! So sad, you HAD TO cast on something new ;)

Kepanie said...

How fun to meet up w/other knitters to gab and eat. Cool to see a man in the mix.

Delusional Knitter said...

Nice. I need mindless projects at meet ups ... otherwise I knit and don't talk to anyone!

marycatharine said...

It looks like such fun! Someday I'm going to have to find a knitting group.

Toft said...

Thanks for the comments - we love our knitting groups (I attend a few!). It's always a lovely way to while away a few hours!