Friday, July 22, 2011

Vest Progress

I should have finished the Skew sock tonight but instead I worked on the vest. Our house feels like a sauna. So we went out to the movies tonight for a break from the heat. Skew is not a project for a dark theatre but the garter stitch vest is a perfect movie watching knitting project. I was able to get a good start on one of the front pieces. Knitting 23" on only 28sts should knit up fairly fast.


I am going to try to finish the sock yet tonight before bed. There are only a few more short rows to knit on the leg and then a bit of ribbing and it will be finished. I am finding that the short rows do need to be paid attention to to keep track of when things are turned and when they are not. By tomorrow there should be some pictures of the finished sock to show you.

2 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I'm a morning person, so anything tricky gets done then. Evenings are just for straight forward things - just like your vest.

I'm looking forward to seeing the skew socks, and to get your opinion about how they fit.

Armida said...

Your vest is looking great!! The colour is so pretty :) Easy knitting seems to be just the thing for this hot weather!!