Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday

This is what I have been working on today; Skew from Knitty's Winter '09 issue.


For an afternoon of knitting it doesn't look like much. I added the flower in the picture so it would look a little more exciting! I hate to admit that it took me four tries to get round 1 to work out so that there were no extra sts, no missing sts and I wasn't knitting with the cast on tail. It was when I realized I was knitting with the tail that I took a break, ate some chocolate, restarted and finally got it right.

This sock is knit diagonally. According to the pattern I have knit the big toe and have now moved onto the mid toe with increasing only on one side of the sock. It is interesting knitting; when I don't mess it up. I am excited to see how this is going to knit up. I will show you how it looks again tomorrow.

Happy knitting!

7 comments:

Clicky Needles said...

Well done for having ago at Skew, I've looked at it but never taken the plunge!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

A break and some chocolate sounds like just the answer! You certainly are doing some interesting (strange?) socks these days!

Jo-anne *Blossy* said...

Taking a break and having chocolate sounds like it did the trick. You're much braver than I am I have never really tackled making socks.

Delusional Knitter said...

That's been in my queue for a long time. A lady I work with knit it, very interesting pattern!

Alyssa said...

I've seen that pattern, but have been too scared to try it! Looks good so far though :)

knitty_kat said...

Interesting! What pattern is it?

Kepanie said...

It amazes me how many ways a sock can be knitted up. What a neat way to start!