Thursday, October 13, 2011

Time for Mittens!

Now that Fall is here I have decided that it is mitten knitting time!

I was inspired by a skein of wool that Chris hand dyed at the Knitting Goddess's yarn dyeing workshop back in the summer. This is my attempt to recreate her bright and colourful skein. I am always amazed at how differently the skein looks once it is wound into a ball and again how it looks once it is knit.

I love these bright colours but a few people think they are a bit on the wild/bright side. I guess the first pair of mitts will end up being for me!
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

7 comments:

Kepanie said...

Reminds me of caramely honey and butterscotch.

DropStitchChris said...

before i clicked onto your blog i was deciding what wool to use for monday's class and this was the wool i thought i'd try....now i see how nice your mitts look
....its def. what i'm gonna be bringing!!

2paw said...

I would never have guessed it would knit up in that pattern!!

CU@5 said...

Wow! Your mittens are great! I would never thought about dying yellow yarn but those colors look fantastic!

Delusional Knitter said...

Awesome!! Love the colors.

CleaStagnitti said...

Those are great!

Evelyn said...

I'm in love with this yarn. Great mitts -- I'm a huge fan!