Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Yarn Story

I did some more stash organization over the weekend and this is what I found - 13 skeins of bulky wool.

I am not even sure where this wool came from. It must have been given to me from someone who was cleaning out their own yarn stash and I was more than willing to add it to mine :)

Want to take a guess how old this wool is? The receipt was in the bag with the wool. It was bought at Madelines Wool Shop in London (I don't remember this shop; does anyone else?) on October 31 (I think it is pretty cool that I found this yarn within a week of its original purchase date) back in 1984. I wonder if the woman who originally bought this wool or the yarn shop owner ever thought that it would take 27 years before this yarn was actually knit into a sweater. Oh, and the price of the yarn, $2.38 per 100g skein.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

6 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Nice yarn and a nice neutral colour! If I had that yarn I'd make these:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/prairie-boots

Kepanie said...

How cool that yarn was bought so long ago and what a score for you!

Delusional Knitter said...

That's quite an amazing find!

knitty_kat said...

Score! I mean, it was in yer stash and all, but you refound it! What ya gonna make with it?

Evelyn said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog today -- YES, make those spiders! As for your found stash, that yarn will make the coziest cardi or sweater. What a nice suprise.

Stacy said...

What a nice find, and in your own stash, too! Wow, sounds like you don't need to buy yarn for a while ...