Monday, November 28, 2011

Progress!

Yesterday was a great day! It was Sunday so I was able to spend the day knitting the lace table runner and watching football.

I made good progress. I managed to knit 8" of the lace pattern and then I skipped ahead, found another set of needles and a new ball of yarn and knit the boarder that will be grafted to the live sts of the runner. Once I had the boarder knit I couldn't resist trying out the grafting method for garter stitch so I attached a short section and it worked great! There is no seam and it lies nice and flat.

Now to back track and pull out the grafting and continue with the lace pattern for another 10 inches or until I run out of yarn or Christmas arrives; which ever comes first. Here is hoping the grafting unknits as easily as it knit!

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh I'm exactly like that! I like to skip ahead and see how it will all work! Looks great! Such a nice Christmas-y yarn!

Rachel said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! This knit is really pretty...surprised to read it was a table runner. What a great (and gorgeous) idea!

Kepanie said...

I like the waviness of the edges.
Will you add fringe to the ends when you're done? I ask b/c I'm working on a lace scarf for my couz and wondered if I should put fringe at the ends.

Alyssa said...

Wow... it's gotten so long! :) and I love the way the yarn looks. Are those... sparkles...? O__O