Monday, December 5, 2011

Two Needle Socks

The closer it gets to Christmas the more and more I modify the gifts I still need to knit. This is why these socks are so great; they are simple and quick!

The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn. I am using sock yarn doubled on 4.5mm needles. The sock is knit sideways. You cast on enough sts for the leg and foot, knit in garter st, divide sts for an afterthought heel, continue knitting the leg, knit the foot, knit the heel, knit the ribbing and last but not least knit the toe, fold in half, seam and you have a finished sock! I was able to finish one sock after a full day of knitting. Pretty good for a sock!

3 comments:

Kepanie said...

I concur even though I haven't knitted any socks for anyone but my husband.
Might do it next year. I love how variegated yarn does all the snazz and pizazz and you just have to use a basic sock pattern.

Delusional Knitter said...

Wow that's excellent time for knitting a sock!

Baker said...

Okay, I take size 9....Hmm...wonder if I could knit a sock, should probably finish the "project" I'm already on first(wherever it is...)lol