Saturday, January 28, 2012

Another Finished Project!

I feel like I am on a roll with another finished project!

Pattern - Calorimetry from knitty.com (winter 2006)
Yarn - Patons Classic Wool hand dyed by me


This is another really, really fast knit. From gauge swatch to casting off took my less than a day. I had been wanting to knit this headband for a long time, I am so glad that I finally did!


This is knit using short rows that create small holes along both ends of your knitting with every short row turn. Normally you would wrap and turn to prevent the holes, but in this case you really can't see them in the ribbing pattern and these holes make your headband adjustable since it is closed with a button. Pretty smart thinking.

This pattern is going in the keep pile. I will be making more of these for sure!

3 comments:

Faeryfay said...

Super cool!:-)

Kepanie said...

Clap, clap, clap! Wonderful job! Great choice in colorway. That'll be so fun to wear.

knitty_kat said...

How was the size on yours? I've made one before & I'm sure that I used yarn that was too drapey. Turned out massive. I really should make another