Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Left Over Wool

After you have knit a headband and you have 60 grams of wool left over, what should you use it for......


Yup, mitts and in this case the fingerless kind because I didn't have enough wool to make full mittens.

Wool - leftover Classic Wool that I hand dyed
Pattern - Wildflower Wool's Button Stitch mitten pattern with some obvious modifications for the lack of fingers!

Now, for those of you who know me you will know how I feel about these. I don't really see the point of them. If it is cold and snowy and you want to be warm, in my way of thinking, you want a full mitt. Trust me, every knitter I know has tried to convince me of the advantages of this style of mitt and I'm still not buying it. I must say though that I did have fun knitting them and I would make them again (to give away).

Since I now have my very own pair of fingerless mitts, I am going to give it an honest try to see if I can be converted. I am not making any promises. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

2paw said...

They are very pretty, I love the pooling. It is not terribly cold in Winter here, but I like either my enclosed mittens, or my long fingerless ones. I have proper gloves on the go for when it is cold. I shall await your judgement!!

LaurieM said...

I'm with you sister!

Though, I like a fine pair for working on the computer when it's cold inside....

knitty_kat said...

A very savvy lady I know wears these under a pair of mitts for dog walking purposes. I think it's pretty genius, keep your hands warm while you scoop the poop!

Caffeine Girl said...

We keep our house pretty cold. It saves money and for some reason we just like it cold. Thus, I wear fingerless mitts A LOT!

Catherine said...

I love the colours in the yarn you have here. Fingerless mitts are fun to wear and easy to knit with no fiddlyness