Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Granny Squares


Before yesterday, my crochet skills were pretty limited. Well, they still are but now I can somewhat read a crochet pattern, understand the charts, count my chain sts and make double crochet sts properly. Before I just kind of made up my own sts. I would wrap the hook, pull it through some sts, wrap it again and pull it through a stitch or two. I am not really sure what I was doing; a single, double, half double, treble.... (see, first reason why knitting is easier - knits and purls - that's it). But I did have lots of fun making these granny squares and there may even be an afghan in my future.

6 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

Looks like a good start!

Kepanie said...

What a great start!

Madeleine said...

Yay! It looks great! ^.^

Stacy said...

Congrats on learning to crochet. I adore granny squares. Tried to teach myself to crochet a few years ago with a book, but the results were not great.

DropStitchChris said...

A great job!

Evelyn said...

Well, for a beginner you are making amazing progress! I love the way you describe your pseud-crochet method ... it's not too far off the mark!