Monday, March 12, 2012

My Oldest UFO

I showed you a picture of my oldest UFO last week. It is a baby blanket that I had hoped to give to my cousin as a baby gift...21 years ago!

All three panels are knit but they are not joined together and I am assuming that the pattern must have called for a boarder to be added. This was one of my first projects and the knitting isn't all that bad. Only one accidental yarn over and only a few loose sts here and there.

Since I have held onto it all these years, I am going to try my best to find some blue or white baby yarn and finish it off. Then I will put it away again until my daughter needs a baby blanket for her babies and I will have a special blanket ready to give to her.

2 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I love that you're finishing it. This one IS extra special; I can't wait to see it done!

Kepanie said...

Wow! Amazing that you still have that from so far ago. Good that you can give it to your baby and it'll be so much more special.