Thursday, April 5, 2012

Success!

Reknit number two on my super simple, plain jane summer top is finished and it fits!


Again, this top was knit on 15mm needles with 4 strands of Patons Grace cotton. This time, I added in some waist shaping and made the neck opening an inch smaller.

Remember the first sweater I showed you that was knit with the green yarns? I am going to rip it out and reknit it so I can actually wear it. The beauty of knitting with such big needles is that it knits up so quickly. Each piece of this sweater can easily be knit in one day so in two days you have a sweater you can wear! I could knit myself a whole new summer wardrobe at this rate!

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Now that you've got your modifications sorted out , reknitting the green top should be a breeze. How disciplined you are, getting your summer wardrobe all knit up BEFORE the hot weather arrives :)

knitty_kat said...

Niiiiiice!

Catherine said...

I love the gently undulating lower edge. I like the idea of knitting something in 2 days too

Monica said...

this is a very cute sweater. love the color as well. way to go!

Kepanie said...

Hooray for you! Man, you're good to knit this up before summer hits.