Friday, May 25, 2012

Super Simple Flower Slippers


I needed to take a break from the lace knitting so I got a start on some new slippers for the winter.

I rewrote a slipper pattern that used chunky yarn into a pattern for worsted weight yarn. I am going to add these slippers into my Learn To Knit classes this fall. They are an easy, quick knit that will let new Knitters practice casting on, garter stitch, increasing, decreasing and sewing up their knitting - twice ;)

This pair was knit with Bernat Mosaic. I love the colours this yarn comes in so I didn't bother to make both slippers match. I like the mismatched look and then added a knitted flower for fun.

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

These are adorable, the flower makes them just perfect. Happy Weekend,
Meredith

Kepanie said...

Excellent job on these! Love the colorway which adds whimsical and dimension to the slippers.

Truly Myrtle said...

These are really lovely - I"ve made a few pairs of slippers for my kids in this style. Sometimes I do stockinette/stripes - I love the flower on the toe. I found a great way to finish them off was to add a leather sole - they last ages!