Friday, July 13, 2012

FO Friday

My Color Affection shawl is officially finished!


I loved knitting this. So much so that I just might knit another one for a lucky person on my Christmas list.

Yarns - Patons Kroy (navy) and a discontinued Knit Picks cotton stretch sock yarn (purple and green)
Needle - 4mm circular bamboo
Modifications - added the yarn over at the beginning of every row for a bit more stretch along the edge. I am not sure what cast off other Knitters have used but I did the Yarn Over Cast Off. I am really happy with it. It gives it a bit of a ruffled look with a lot of stretch.

6 comments:

Mereknits said...

Oh my it is beyond beautiful. Perfect.
Have a great weekend,
Meredith

Alyssa said...

I love the combinations! These shawls are so cool to look at :)

Kepanie said...

I like how you mixed light and dark colors. It's perfect for any season. Great job!

2paw said...

It does have a nice slightly ruffled edge and I love the colour combination. Nice to have sucha positive recommendation.

Madeleine said...

Yay! It looks absolutely lovely!

juicyknits said...

It is beautiful. I'm still trying to get to that CC2 edge. ;-) Thanks for mentioning the BO, I'm now thinking of which would be best.