Friday, August 10, 2012

Elgin Historical Show

Today I set up a knitting demonstration table along with other talented ladies demonstrating quilting, traditional rug hooking, crocheting and spinning.

The morning was quite slow due to the rain but that let me have some uninterupted knitting time on my sweater. The afternoon picked up and I spent my time showing people how to knit, showing different fibers (merino, alpaca, hemp, buffalo, llama, cotton) and explaining methods of hand dyeing wool.

The best part is that I get to do it all again tomorrow!
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like fun!

Kepanie said...

I love how you're so active in the community in regards to crafting. Super cool!
Do you ever get quirky questions or weird ones?

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Seeing (and touching) all the different fibers is one of my favourite things at a craft show. Sounds like a well-organized booth. Have fun!

Mereknits said...

OhI wish I was right there with you, we could teach people to knit and have a good chat. Have fun,
Meredith