Friday, October 12, 2012

Lucy Neatby

Last night was an amazing evening.

After a long couple of weeks of packing up a house, loading it all into a moving truck, just to turn around and unpack everything we had just packed into a much smaller house, I was ready for a girls knitting night out.

Lucy Neatby is in town for the weekend teaching classes at one of our local yarn shops. Last night she gave a talk about her designs and what inspires her creative, amazing knitting. She brought so many samples of her knitting for us to see (and feel!) I was so in awe of the detailed work - double knit socks, mitts, hats, felted bags and colourwork like you wouldn't believe that I forgot to take any more pictures.

Of course we did some shopping while we were there. I came home with 2 of Lucy's double knitting patterns. One is for a scarf and the other is for mitts. I am holding off starting them until after I take her double knitting class on Sunday so I can use all the tips I learn in the class on my new mitts. I also bought a ball of wool which I think looks like a sunset. This I am going to start today.

I came home truly inspired to try new techniques and to start adding more colour, patterns and textures in my designs. I can't wait to see where this leads!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

6 comments:

seeyouat5 said...

Oh WOW! It must have been a great meeting!
Cheers!

Mereknits said...

You are so lucky!!!! I bet she was so amazing.
Good for you,
Meredith

Alyssa said...

Wow, so cool! I'm always inspired by what inspires other people... if that makes any sense!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Jealous (10000000000)

Kepanie said...

She looks like a kick to chat w/. So fun meeting knitting world's rock stars.

Peacefully Knitting said...

How wonderful and lucky you!