Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rhinebeck Weekend

This past weekend was my first time in Rhinebeck New York for the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. Wow! It was an amazing show!

Just being there was like watching a knitting fashion show. Most people were wearing at least one knitted item. There were so many wonderful shawls and sweaters!

Rebecca and I took Amy Herzog's Fit to Flatter class. We learned so much. Amy is an incredible designer who is so knowledgeable and full of excitment about knitting; she was great to learn from.

I still can't believe the number of vendors that were there. It was a Knitters dream. My favourite booth had to be Skaska Designs. The whole booth was lace knitting! I am pretty sure I dreamed about these shawls Saturday night and we were back at this booth first thing Sunday morning to buy some gorgeous lace weight yarn. I picked the Merino/silk and Rebecca chose the camel/silk. Both are going to be wonderful to knit with.

After the show had closed for the day on Saturday we explored the village of Rhinebeck. Our main mission was to find a liquor store for a bottle of wine but we had lots of fun checking out all of the shops and finding a Thai restaurant for supper. Then it was back to our room to open the wine and try out the ChiaoGoo lace needles.

Already hoping to go back again next year!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

I am jealous, I have been there two times and loved every single second of it. It looked lovey this year, when I have gone it has been freezing.
Hugs,
Meredith

Kepanie said...

This event looks so cool! It's big to explore.
I checked out a California one but it was so small and not worth the 4 hours to get there.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like a great weekend!