Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Finished Hand Warmers!

A finished project!
This ball of yarn and pattern were part of our goodie bag from Rhinebeck this year. One thing that I really, really want to start doing is knitting with the new yarn that I buy and not stashing it. It feels great to have used used this pattern and to have knit up this ball of yarn and in the process I have a Christmas gift.
Pattern - Lion Brand Vanna's Sequins Sparlking Knit Wristers (free pattern on ravelry) Yarn - Lion Brand Vanna's Sequins Needles - 4mm Modifications - none The yarn was great to knit with. The only tricky part was seaming the mitt with mattress stitch, the sequins didn't always like to pull through the sts without some coaxing but that wouldn't stop me from knitting with this yarn again.
If you are needing a quick gift for someone on your Christmas list, this pattern might be what you are looking for. It is knit in stocking st with a garter st edging, there is no shaping involved and it is knit flat then seamed to make the thumb opening. Super simple!

9 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Unfortunately I don't have anyone in my life who appreciates knitted items, so I am stingy and only knit for myself. I definitely agree that it is so much fun to buy yarn and quickly cast on with it. The hand warmers look very nice, and very holiday themed with the sparkly silver.

Sava said...

I don't really have a stash problem, like most knitters seem to, because I'm a broke college student.

However, I did take the leap and buy an expensive skein of yarn last week that I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to make with.

It's exciting in a silly sort of way. At this moment, it could turn out to be anything!

Sarah said...

They are super cute!I am still jealous about rhinebeck, lol!

Mereknits said...

Love the mitts, the color is perfect.
Hugs,
Meredith

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I just made a similar pair of mitts - they were super easy!

2paw said...

How lovely, the sequins are so festive!! I love the scenery too.

Frieda said...

I love the handwarmers , very pretty with the sparkles ! I must keep an eye out for that yarn ...

Madeleine said...

Looks super cosy and really nice! That reminds me, I have to use the ones I recently made myself! ^.^

Kepanie said...

That silvery grey is pretty and I love the little sequins scattered throughout the gloves.
I am on a yarn diet - eek! - but what can I do? I've already received two howlers from my CFO. So I'm being good. My daughters would like a house with their own backyard one day.