Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Quiet Christmas Morning

Christmas morning this year was quite different from what I am used to but it was still a wonderful day.

 I started the day with a walk in the park.  It had snowed on Christmas Eve so it was a perfect winters day; cool, crisp, the snow crunched under your feet and when the sun came out the snow sparkled.

 I only met one other person on my walk.  A woman out jogging.  She was dressed all in clothing that runners wear and I wondered if she had unwrapped everything earlier that morning.
 We exchanged Merry Christmas and I continued with my walk down to the river. 


 I loved the fact that on a Tuesday morning at 8 am there was ONE car on the street.  Any other day at this time there would have been 4 lanes of traffic bumper to bumper.  It was nice knowing that no one was rushing to work or to the shopping mall and that everyone was home with their family having breakfast, opening gifts and just being together.
Once home I packed my knitting bag and spent the afternoon with my parents and the evening with wonderful friends. 
This picture was taken on Christmas Eve and I think it sums up what Christmas is all about; having fun and making memories with family and friends.

6 comments:

Mereknits said...

It sounds like a perfect day.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Catherine said...

lovely snowy photographs. I'm glad you had a happy day

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Lovely photos. Sounds like the perfect day. We were also out early Christmas morning ... Gavin went surfing and I wandered about and took pictures :)

Kepanie said...

Holiday ohana time rocks! I love it when it's quiet about.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Your snow looks so pretty. We finally got some last night!

Evelyn said...

So happy to know that you had such a lovely Christmas! May your new year be bright!