Sunday, December 30, 2012

Finished Socks!!

 
Woohoo, I just finished my Daughter's Christmas socks and only a few days behind schedule.  I feel like I am on a role, a finished hat yesterday and socks today. If only I could have been this productive before Christmas!

 The toe was finished at a London Lightening basketball game that the kids and I went to this afternoon.

Here is the happy new sock owner modeling the finished socks.  The stripes were off by a couple of rows so they don't quite match but neither one of us is too worried about it.

The important thing is that she likes them and they fit her perfectly.



The next project is an alpaca cowl for my sister in law that was also a Christmas gift. The pattern says it can be knit in an evening.  We will see.

8 comments:

Mereknits said...

Love the socks, who needs perfectly matching socks anyways? You are on a roll, you are going to start off the New Year with all your projects completed!
Hugs,
Meredith

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very cute socks!

Beads2yarn said...

Oh they look great on her. love the stripey colors

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Cute socks. With colours like that why worry about matchy-matchiness? I've never managed to do anything in the time the designer says it'll take, so my fingers are firmly crossed for you!

Caffeine Girl said...

Cute socks! I so admire people who can match stripes. I don't even try.

Kepanie said...

The colors of those stripes are awesome. I like the color combo. I like your attitude about the socks not being perfectly matched. I don't know why knitters can be so anal about that. Who cares? Socks are fun and can be in that way because they're always covered up by pants and shoes.

knitty_kat said...

It's been ages since I've taken the time to read or comment on blogs! I love me some stripey socks - love love love! The model is damn cute too - happy New Year!

Stacy said...

Those socks look great! So professional. Happy new year!