Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Super Simple Knit Candy Canes

The other night I was in the mood to knit something quick and I wanted it to be Christmasy. These simple i-cord knit candy canes are what I came up with.
Here are the supplies. Small amounts of red and white worsted weight yarn. What I have here are 3 grams each of cotton, a 4mm circular needle, a 6" piece of pipe cleaner and a darning needle to weave in your ends.
To knit the pipe cleaner into the center of the i-cord candy cane bring the working yarn around behind the pipe cleaner before working the first st of each row.
The view from the back of your work
This is how it looks once you get the first 4 rows knit
Here is the i-cord tube finished
Trim off the excess wire, weave in ends and bend into shape
Use them to decorate Christmas gifts
or to decorate floral arrangements or your Christmas tree
My helper
I will post this pattern for anyone who would like to knit some holiday cheer of their own!

3 comments:

DropStitchChris said...

really nice WW....great instructions too!

donna maureen atkinson-wilson said...

Love the candy canes Louise My Grandkids will love them xoxoxox

Typstatting said...

Great idea and lovely candy canes!