Monday, February 18, 2013

Frozen Waves

What did you do on this beautiful, sunny, cold winter weekend?  I decided to go to the beach.
 

Just the water close to the beach was frozen, past the ice you could see and hear the moving water.


It was quiet, calming and relaxing and also super cold. 


I love the water but also have a healthy respect for it so I didn't walk out to the frozen waves, I just took pictures from the beach.


But I did "just happen" to have two new cowls with me to take pictures of.  This is an easy lace pattern using 3 strands of worsted weight wool that isn't blocked.  I used Patons Classic Wool for these cowls.  It is a great stash busting project that can be knit easily in an evening. 



I really like how the colours of this first cowl match the sand bank, ice and water.  The colours are what really make this a fun pattern to knit.  Mix and match your leftovers for fun colour combinations!


 
The Frozen Waves Cowl is going to be a free pattern that will be available in the next couple of days; just as soon as I get it wrote up!

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

Beautiful pictures of the ice waves, and the cowl too.
Hugs and go get some hot chocolate to warm yourself up.
Meredith

Alyssa said...

I really like how the waves compliment your knit! What a great choice for a photo shoot setting!

Tori said...

Nature is amazing!

Caffeine Girl said...

The beach in winter is truly spectacular.
Looking forward to the pattern.