Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Repair or Redo?

 
While sorting through some more of my Grandma's things we found more doilies. This one was always on a table in her living room. My Great Grandma crocheted this and I love the butterflies around the edge.

I brought it home with me but as you can see, it has seen better days. I'm not sure how old it is but it has been on that table for as long as I can remember.  What does everyone think; try to repair it, try to recrochet it or just use it and enjoy it the way it is?

6 comments:

LaurieM said...

It's a family heirloom. You might want to repair it for future generations.

It's quite beautiful. You're lucky to have it.

torirot said...

I'd also try to repair it, if you think you can. It's beautiful.

Ruth G. said...

I would repair it. I have done this before for my Mother and it worked quite well.Its something you can never replace so try and save it,,It is beautiful

Mereknits said...

I like it the way it is, it shows the life and love of use. I think it is perfect.
Meredith

Kepanie said...

Maybe repair it and frame it?

knitty_kat said...

My Gran was a crochet queen. She used to do stuff for charity, she even did a few wedding dresses in her time. I treasure the ones I can find - they are far and few now a days.