Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow Day = A Knitting Day!

Today was a snow day.  I had fun staying home and knitting until I needed to give my hands a rest then we ventured out for a walk in all the new snow.  Even with the snow coming down fairly hard and the wind being super cold we stayed warm all bundled up in various hand knit hats, scarves, mitts and socks. 

 
 Everything always looks so beautiful covered in snow.
 
 
Re-energized from our walk I sewed in the ends of pullover I was knitting for our Monday night knitting groups KAL and voila, a finished sweater!
  
 
 
Wool - 4 balls, Patons Classic Wool, Wheat Heather
Needle - 5mm circular
Mods - decided to make the body and the sleeves fitted.  Added some waist shaping and then knit the body straight.  Added decreased to the sleeves.
 
 

 

10 comments:

Kepanie said...

Beautiful pics of the snow in your area, very serene. I like cold weather. It's the best for knits.

torirot said...

The sweater looks super cozy! I like tho colour.

Frieda said...

Beautiful , what a lovely colour !

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The sweater looks lovely - love the colour

Brian Baker said...

It WAS a great day to be outside, wasn't it?

Andi said...

Your sweater looks like it will be perfect to wear in that cold weather!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Gorgeous sweater! I've been having a lot of snow-related knitting time too. On Friday I spent more than six hours on public transit getting to and from work - enough time to almost finish a sock. And today, we were snowed in until the first plows arrived in the late afternoon.

Caffeine Girl said...

I love snowy days -- especially when there's enough snow to shut down our schools. However, as a teacher, I hope we don't have any more this year -- we've used up the built-in days and we'd have to add time!

Lea67000 said...

Beautiful sweater. And what a lot of snow!!!

Sava said...

The sweater looks really good! The color is nice.