Saturday, February 23, 2013

Swap Yarn Has Arrived!

Yarn swaps are always a lot of fun, who doesn't like going to the mail box and finding a package with yarn waiting for you?!


Evelyn, over at Project Stash hosted this yarn swap where we were to picked a skein of yarn for our partner and hide a little surpise inside the ball while we were winding it so that they will find it as they knit.  Isn't that a great idea?

My swap partner was Deb from the UK and she sent me the most perfect yarn. A skein of Noro Kureyon sock yarn in my favourite colours and these wonderful other suprises.




As an extra treat she send along a knitting magazine from the UK.  What a wonderful surprise!  I have already picked out some projects to knit but first I am going to knit a scarf from the Noro sock yarn.


It is already on the needles :)


9 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh, I love those buttons! You made out well :)

Mereknits said...

Very fun idea, and beautiful yarn.
Hugs,
Meredith

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very pretty colours!

torirot said...

Yummy :-)

ooey gooey knits said...

Pretty! What is the scarf pattern? It will be beautiful!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Great package! Love the Noro colours!

Audry said...

I've never done a swap, but it looks like quite a bit of fun!

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow! I knitted a pair of socks in that exact colorway, what a coincidence! Looks like you have the perfect project for it too

Kepanie said...

Receiving yarn in the mail is like buying shoes to me! How fun and sorry I missed all of this.