Friday, March 29, 2013

Mystery Project Finished!

My posts have been not as frequent lately but that doesn't mean that I haven't been knitting!  Quite the opposite in fact; I have lots on the needles right now.

For the last while I had been knitting on a mystery project for our knitting guild's March meeting.  Each month at the guild meetings, I hand out a Stitch of the Month.  I had decided that it would be fun to have a challenge to see what everyone could came up with using as many of the Stitch of the Month patterns as they liked and to come up with a "mystery" project that would be revealed at the March meeting.

I dug through my stash and came up these part balls of Patons Classic Wool.

 
Using 8 different stitch patterns I knit them into a chair cover for my mystery project. 
 
Royal Purple - Woven Herringbone Stitch
Natural Mix - Hindu Pillar Stitch
Current - Dimple Stitch
Leaf Green - Garter Slip Stitch
Yellow - Raised Rib
Orchid - Rick Rack Rib
Blue - Chunky Bamboo Stitch
Lemongrass - Bee stitch
 
 
Even though it was fun knitting the different sts and coming up with this fun, brightly coloured chair I don't think I will be covering the other 3 chairs to match anytime soon.  I have already cast on a pair of mitts and another shawl :)

6 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Interesting! Now I wonder if one of the stitch patterns will be more comfortable than the others on the chair's seat ?!

Mereknits said...

I love it, really great idea. Love the colors and the different stitches which create a lovely texture.

Great job.
Meredith

ooey gooey knits said...

That is so FUN!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Cute! I think the three other chairs should all be different!

Kepanie said...

You are so clever. What a creative way to use the st.

knitty_kat said...

You know that chair is going to become the favourite chair and will be fought over. Good luck with that! ;)