Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Knitting Weekend!

 
Last weekend three of us headed up to the cottage for a relaxing long weekend filled with lots of knitting time.  The first stop - the Spinrite Factory Outlet!
 

I knew that I wanted to try the new Patons Metallic yarn.  I debated between the green and the blue and as you can see, the blue won out. Isn't the colour amazing!! I haven't decided on a pattern yet but I have a few shawl ideas in mind.


The weather was perfect for fitting in some nature walks when we took a break from our knitting.


The water was amazing with it's various shades of blue,


it's hard to imagine the incredible force of nature it took to make these stone caves,

 
and the beautiful late Spring wildflowers in bloom.


We left a little art work on the beach,

 
and this was how we spent the rest of our time - knitting and eating chocolate :)
 
 
A long weekend away with great knitting friends.  What could be better......

5 comments:

Mereknits said...

It sounds like Heaven to me, glad you enjoyed your time.
Hugs,
Meredith

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh it all looks fabulous. That metallic blue really shimmers - can't wait to see how it knits up. Is it soft?

Gorgeous picture of the wildflowers at the beach!

Kepanie said...

You have the coolest outings w/your knitting group!

Caffeine Girl said...

What a fabulous weekend. The shoreline is just so beautiful -- the perfect walking break from knitting!

Pumpkin said...

Agreed, a great way to spend the weekend. I love the metallic yarn, I had no idea they made it like that, how fun! I can only begin to imagine the fabulous project possibilities with it too.