Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Knitting Needle Trouble :(

Do you ever think that the Knitting Gods are against you? 
 
I have experienced the "black hole" of knitting where you knit and knit and knit and your knitting doesn't seem to grow.  You can even measure it and it stays the same but this isn't the case this time.  The scarf is knitting along just fine and it's getting larger with each row.
 
Then I made the big mistake.  At Monday Night Knitting I declared that I would have the scarf finished by Friday for our morning knitting group.  
 
I know you should never tempt fate but I was feeling super confident.  I had it all worked out that if I knit 5 rows of 300+ sts a day I would have it finished.  I was actually ahead of schedule by a day and a half so what could go wrong, right? 
 
Well, let me show you.
 
I was just knitting a plain knit row.  Nothing fancy and SNAP.  Sigh.....
 
 
 
 I went in search for another needle and what do I find.  A BENT needle.  Really??

 
 
Thank goodness my stash of needles is almost as big as my yarn stash.  I've found another needle in perfect condition and I'm ready to continue knitting.  I'm still sticking with my Friday deadline.  What else could go wrong, right?  

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

You're tempting fate again by asking what else could go wrong .... because there's always something! Good luck!

Pumpkin said...

Woah! I'm actually partially convenced that the project is cursed. Keep up the hard work and determination, you can do this!

Caffeine Girl said...

Did you make it?

I often feel the knitting gods are angry with me!

Kepanie said...

Oh boy, that is no fun. Your determination must have made you strong as the Hulk!