Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Surprise Knitting is Finished!

In 6 days I managed to knit this colourful shawl as a gift for my Aunt.


She had told me that she had seen a lady at church wearing a beautiful shawl and she was going to see about getting the pattern for it.


The pattern wasn't available but she did get a picture and the measurements and passed them on to me.


When I found out that the whole family was getting together this past weekend it seemed like the perfect time to surprise her with this shawl. 

I pulled out 4 different yarns from my stash and went yarn shopping and came home with 3 more different yarns that I thought would go together nicely.  After a quick gauge swatch and one false start that ended up being pulled out I was on my way knitting with 2 or 3 strands at a time and switching yarns randomly.  The original shawl had a large square collar that we decided to omit.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I hope you enjoy wearing it!

3 comments:

Kepanie said...

Your aunt just loves her new shawl. She will be sashaying about in it!

Caffeine Girl said...

It turned out beautifully. Your aunt must love it!

seeyouat5 said...

Colors are great and shawl looks super warm! Your aunt must be very happy- I would be :-)