Friday, August 9, 2013

Goodbye Gift

One of our Knitting Goddesses is moving across the country this weekend so we couldn't let her leave without a goodbye party at our Monday Night Knitting night.  There were lots of hugs, goodbyes and a few tears.
 
On one of the days that I was helping her pack her yarn stash (yes, it took more than one day) I pulled out some balls of yarn from the bags that she was giving away and decided to knit her a scarf before she left.
 

This is what I came up with.  I mixed and matched the yarns, knit it lengthwise and make the fringe as I went.
 
I was really happy with how it turned out; colourful, warm and the right length.  I also bought sock yarn for both of use to knit the same pair of socks.  Sort of a knit a long once they get out west.
 


Another Knitter is also a wonderful artist and gave her beautiful picture for her new home.


Good luck on this exciting adventure!

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

It is always sad to see a friend move away, but you will always be close. I am sure she loved the scarf.
Hugs,
Meredith

Keeping Kids Warm said...

The scarfe is beautiful Louise, something Im sure Amandaill love for years to come.. I too wish Amanda and Her family a safe journey and good wishes to their future... Donna

Kepanie said...

Great present you made for her.