Sunday, October 20, 2013

Today was a Teaching Day

 Today was the first afternoon of the Learn to Knit class that I was asked to teach at Ziraldo Alpacas.  Debbie offered a farm tour to the students before the class started so everyone had a chance to see the alpacas up close.  This girl is definitely proving that the grass IS greener on the other side!

 
 
I met five new knitters and we had a great class learning the long tail cast on, the knit stitch, how to pick up a dropped stitch and the benefits of using a life line.
 


I decided to knit along with the students so here is the start of my mitten.  Everyone did amazing today and picked everything up quickly.  Have fun knitting this week!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hi there, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Caffeine Girl said...

Few things are as much fun as hanging out with alpacas!

Kepanie said...

How fun and super cool! Is that alpaca trying to escape?