Monday, November 11, 2013

It's A Sock Knitting Month!

 
Thursday nights at the East Lions Artisans Center we are knitting socks for the month of November.  Heather and I are having a friendly sock knitting competition :)
 
She is knitting her socks two at a time and is knitting them toe up.
 

After a rip out and a restart to get the stripes to match she was on her way.

 
I, on the other hand am knitting my socks one at a time and working them cuff down.


The one thing that we do agree on is the sock yarn.  We are both knitting with Patons Kroy sock yarn.  If you are looking for sock yarn, check out the Patons website, their yarn is on sale right now!!

So, Thursday night we will be able to see who has gotten the most knitting time in this week.  No pressure Heather but I have turned the heel ;)

4 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

Is it ever not a sock-knitting month? :)

Sounds like a fun competition. I love cuff-down. Can't get the hang of toe-up.

How many skeins of Kroy do you need for a pair of socks. I found 2 isn't enough. Is it just me?

Mereknits said...

Glad you two are having so much fun, I am so slow at socks, your would both have me beaten in no time at all.
Hugs,
Meredith

Kepanie said...

How fun! Good luck.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I actually have no socks on the needles, which is very unusual for me!