Friday, November 1, 2013

Meet Marilyn :)

Our Monday night knitting group has certainly changed over the six years since it began with me teaching knitting classes at Carrie's Quilting and Knitting shop in Aylmer.  When Carrie closed her shop we moved the knitting to my house and our Monday nights continued on.  Last year, I ended up moving and again knitting was relocated.  This time to Terrace Lodge in Aylmer and it has proven to have been a great move.  Not only do we have a much larger room with excellent lighting we get to share our knitting time with the ladies who live at Terrace Lodge.

Meet Marilyn, she is the only Knitter I know of so far this year to have all of her Christmas knitting finished! Last Monday night we did a little photo shoot with Marilyn and most of the dishcloths she has knit.  Not only has she finished knitting in record time, some have already been sent off so they can be included in loved one's Christmas gifts.  In total, Marilyn has knit 50 dishcloths in less than a year. That is more that one a week! 

I remember months ago Marilyn saying that she had a bag with 50 balls of dishcloth cotton and was going to work away at knitting them up for her family.  Well, here they are all finished!!


She has already cast on for her next project - a scarf.  I don't think there will be another dishcloth on her needles for a while!


Please feel free to leave your comments for Marilyn and I will pass them on to her Monday night.

9 comments:

Kepanie said...

She's amazing! Christmas gifts already done? And 50 dishcloths? You go, Marilyn. You have a lovely smile.

DropStitchChris said...

Fantastic Marilyn!! I'm sorry I missed seeing this Monday Night...

Mereknits said...

Marilyn, you are an inspiration, that is a lot of dishcloths, I am sure they will be much appreciated. Good luck on your scarf.
Hugs,
Meredith from Florida

Caffeine Girl said...

That is an amazingly beautiful stack! I wish I was that far along!

Kathryn said...

Great Going Mom. I hope I can keep up with you when I am 89 years old. Are one of those dishcloths going to be for me?

Sheri Martincourt said...

Wow! It is great to see your smiling face. I miss you and am so happy to see that you are as busy as always. Where do I go to pick up my dishcloth?

Anonymous said...

Great job. Love from Barb in Brussels

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work Grandma!! I don't know how you do it, but I always have fond memories of you happily knitting away.

I showed Ashley your blog post and she said 'I love great Gamma'.

Keep knitting! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love Dave, Leigh & Ashley. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great job Grandma! You are so thoughtful, talented and hardworking! We love you! Love Bill, Brandi, Graycie, Clara and Brodie