Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Weekend Knitting Demonstrations

This past weekend was the Ilderton Heritage Show.  For the last few years I have been asked to demonstrate knitting.  How can this not be a fun weekend?  It's two full days of knitting, talking about knitting, answering questions about knitting and having anyone interested knit a few sts in garter stitch. 
 
 
 An added bonus is visiting with the other vendors and demonstrators showing off their craft.

The Elgin County Hookers were demonstrating traditional rug hooking.

Debbie from Ziraldo Alpacas had yarn, felted dryer balls, felted soaps and other alpaca related items for sale.  These skeins sat on my table for a bit while I decided which ones I "needed".  I decided on the light coloured ones :)
 

Braided rug making was new this year.
 

There was spinning going on (Debbie, this is your alpaca fleece being spun in laceweight!)
 

One of my favourite displays is tatting.  I loved this multicoloured doily.
 
 
I missed a few displays.  There was also weaving, bobbin lace and crochet being done. With all this crafting going on, where else would I have wanted to be?
 
Some of us will be together again for the Canadian Plowing Match outside Thorndale on August 15 and 16 if you want to come see all these projects being worked on in person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great event! Wish I was close enough to come. The displays look fascinating!

Peacefully Knitting said...

That looks like a great event and what fun!