Thursday, August 14, 2014

New Finds

I love glassware.  Not quite as much as knitting but close.

It has occurred to me that there are people out there who would look at these glass and pottery type items and think about using them as things such as flower pots, vases, food related serving pieces and such.

Not me.  I can only see how it can be repurposed into a knitting accessory.

 
When I found these flower pots I really and truly bought them with the purpose of repotting some small houseplants into them.  Somehow once I got them home and out of the shopping bag the ball of yarn I am knitting the lace doily with ended up in the blue pot.  Perfect fit.  These  may just come with me to this weekends show as my yarn bowls.
 

 
This one I will admit that as soon as I saw this vase at a flea market tent last weekend I thought it would be a perfect needle holder.
 

 
This little dish was sitting beside the blue vase.  What can I say, it was pretty :)

3 comments:

Brian Baker said...

Very creative!

Caffeine Girl said...

I just love it when people use everyday objects in unusual ways. It's such a creative way to live.

Mereknits said...

A perfect way to use pottery and vases. Hugs, Meredith