Monday, March 9, 2015

Book Find

I stopped at our local library and they were organizing books for a book sale.  I'm always on the look out for older knitting books to add to my collection and it didn't take me long to find what I was looking for!


 Here is a quick look inside

Shetland lace has become one of my new obsessions and here is a gorgeous shawl pattern

There was also a section on lace edgings

A pattern for a knit doily; another obsession of mine

A page on picot knitting with some cute embellishment ideas

I just liked that this fair isle pattern was used as a filler at the bottom of the page

Embroidery is something that I would like to pick up again; either on its own or to embellish my knitting

And what better way to make a purchase worth while than actually make something using one of the stitch patterns from the book.  This is just a practice piece but I'm happy with the pattern and think I'll cast on again to make a scarf.  I'm really happy with my $4 book find!

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like a pretty good deal!

Caffeine Girl said...

Older craft books are so much fun. And, sometimes, practical, too!

Mereknits said...

It looks like a great book.
Hugs and have fun with it.
Meredith