Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A little knitting, lots of organizing

Today was kind of a slow knitting day.  I've been working on and off on my knit doily all day but only managed to get 4 rounds done so far. I'm on the outer border which isn't very lacy but it still seems to take a while to knit a round but I'm getting there I think there are only about 12 rounds left to go.


Most of my day was spent organizing knitting patterns.   It really cut into my knitting time but I'm feeling a bit more organized now and I found lots of patterns that I want to knit.  My pattern stash rivals my yarn stash!


I also found this knitting book by Mary Walker Philips that I didn't know I had.  I like looking through these old books because you just never know what you are going to find.  


Sometimes there are amazing patterns that you would still want to knit today (at least I would).


And then there are some that you wouldn't


The circular needle caught my eye in this picture.   Doesn't it look like it would be horrible to knit with and isn't the one needle is bent?   It looks like someone sat on it!  This makes me so thankful for the wonderful circular needles we have to knit with now.


This picture made me laugh, so I just had to share it with you.  I love the sunglasses :)


3 comments:

tunnizze creation said...

Well done

Caffeine Girl said...


I organize patterns in three-ring binders, too!

Mereknits said...

I used to organize my patterns that way then I got all behind and they are just in one file. I need to go through them. That last picture cracked me up.
Hugs,
Meredith