Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Project and a Challenge

I have had this bag of odds and ends in the trunk of my car for months, probably since the fall and today was the day I decided that I had the perfect project for these small, colourful part balls of acrylic yarn.


Since I won't be going anywhere without these crutches for the next 4-6 weeks or until my ankle heals enough that I can walk on it again I need make some modifications. I don't know what the proper name is for the top plastic padding on the crutches but I can tell you that it isn't very comfortable!


A very smart thinking Knitter commented on Wildflower Wool's facebook page that I should yarn bomb my cast.   Sounds like a great idea doesn't it?!   It also got me thinking about my crutches.  It got me thinking about adding some colour and some extra padding.  These are the colours I picked; I think they fit the bill for bright and cheery.  So tonight I'm going to wind the skeins into balls and start knitting!


I'm trying to look at the positive side to wearing this fancy airboot and using crutches and not being able to drive for weeks and the fact that it takes me about 15 mins round trip to the bathroom and back because it is up stairs and going to get a kleenex that is just across the room is a major production.  Sometimes it's hard to see the good not the difficulties.

  
But the good things are that I didn't break my wrist so that means that I have all the time in the world to knit, maybe crochet, dust off my tatting, experiment with embroidery and needlepoint, try spinning using my left leg (which I can tell you now will be a disaster I'm sure!)  and watch Craftsy classes to my hearts content.  

This leads me to my challenge.  I've decided to blog everyday for 30 days.  Lately I've been blogging about once a week so I really don't know what I'm going to share with you once a day!  Be prepared, this is going to test my creativity!  See you tomorrow :)



4 comments:

Brian Baker said...

Love your attitude, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Mereknits said...

You are definitely looking at the bright side of things. And your arms are getting quite a workout! Happy yarn bombing.
Meredith

Wanda said...

I look forward to reading your daily blog posts! Maybe you can write a post on how this disaster happened!

WildflowerWool said...

Yes it is certainly a good workout