Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Really Good Knitting Day

Today was a great knitting day.  I had the whole day to rest my ankle and knit.  (Just to be clear I don't advocate breaking any bones to get more knitting time.  It's totally not worth it!)
But I did manage to get all the knitting done on the doily that I've been working on.  The next step is to dig out a 2mm crochet hook and attempt the edging then of course it needs to be washed and blocked.


I spent a bit of time this afternoon taking a break from knitting to work on some cross stitch.  I saw this cute heart pattern on Pintrest and thought I would give it a try.  This was a new stitch for me, it's a double cross stitch and it was also the first time I had tried stitching on fabric and not adia cloth.


It was so much fun and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I can't wait to try something else tomorrow!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Sounds like a productive day! The cross stitch is lovely--very vintage.

Mereknits said...

I hope you are healing up quickly. Broken bones are no fun, but like you said they do help with the knitting time.
Hugs,
Meredith