Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Magic of Blocking....Take a Look!

It doesn't matter how many times I block lace I'm always amazed with the transformation!

I managed to make my way through the crochet edging last night.  Don't look too closely at it, it's not perfect but it was good practice and I'm keeping this for me so I'm not worried about a few odd stitches.  The next one will be better.

First thing this morning I gave the doily a bath in some Soak wool washing soap, let it sit for 15 mins or so, 



gave it a rinse because I got carried away with the amount of Soak that I used :), wrapped it in a towel to soak up some of the excess water, 



then pinned it out on my blocking board starting with 9 main points,



Then I went back and pinned out every chain and left it to dry for the day.

pinning half done

  Here it is, finished, blocked, dried and unpinned.


Blocking really is magic isn't it?  


before blocking
after blocking



4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Beautiful Louise (as usual)!

DropStitchChris said...

It's so lovely Louise!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That is gorgeous! You've made an heirloom!!!

Caffeine Girl said...

Blocking is magical -- but only when the maker has done a good job to begin with!