Friday, May 22, 2015

The Tale of a Crochet Edging

I thought I could whip up this crocheted edging in no time at all but boy was I wrong!   I've decided that working the edging is equivalent to sewing a sweater together or kitchener stitching your socks; it's the unfun part of knitting.  

What I'd like to know is why the edging is crocheted and not knitted.  It just doesn't seem right to finished a knitting project with crochet plus I'm most definitely a knitter not a crocheter; that's why I'm knitting the doily in the first place and not crocheting it.   But I do have to admit that with each of the chains I am getting faster and I'll never complain about the length of time it takes to do a knitted picot cast off again because it is speedy compared to this crocheting!  

You made 10 chains,


then you slip 3 stitches off your needle and pull the working yarn through all the loops.


At least that's what I think the pattern wants me to do.  Crochet patterns are like a foreign language to me and this is how I've deciphered it.  I seem to have an edging that looks like the picture and nothing is unravelling so I guess I'm on the right track.


The next step is blocking, I'm going to have to find a lot of pins for each of these points!
 

No comments: