Sunday, May 31, 2015

Vintage Buttons

I can't believe I almost forgot to blog today.  I've got 40 mins to think of something fun and wonderful to show you.  

My whole day has been spent knitting.  I'm edging my shawl, my second glove now has all its fingers and a thumb and I've been winding yarn for the colour work cuffs for the gloves.  This is all great for me, I almost have two finished projects but it doesn't give me any new pictures to show you.  So here is something completely different.

These are some of the buttons that were in my Grandma's button collection.


I picked out some of my favourites


Check out the "Canada" buttons.  I think I need to start my own collection.  They would be great to use for embellishing knitwear, if I could part with them!


3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I inherited my great, great aunt's button collection - there are some great finds in it. And I'm always adding my own additions when I come across something cool

Rebecca said...

There are lots of ways to use buttons and make them easy to be removed from garments for washing,etc.
That way you wouldn't have to part with them!

kathy b said...

i have a parting with buttons problem too