Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Little Extra Knitting Time Today

Today I did something that I have only ever done once before; ride the city bus.  I'm used to jumping in my car and going wherever I need to go but today that wasn't an option and I didn't want to spend the money on a cab so public transit it was.  It really wasn't all that bad.  I know everyone always complains about the inconvenience of taking the bus but today the weather was nice, the buses were on schedule and I was prepared with my knitting.


I've always said that while you are driving it's wasted knitting time.  So today I got to sit back and knit.  It didn't even bother me that it was a little over an hour before I got home when driving it would have taken 15 mins.  It was just extra knitting time.


Look at the progress I have made on the scarf I cast on last night at the movies.  There is something to be said for chunky yarn and large needles!


2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

I love the knitting potential of public transit time. I was just in Washington, D.C., and I did a ton of knitting on the Metro. I love your color combination.

Mereknits said...

I think being able to jump on a bus and get where I need to be would be perfect.
Hugs,
Meredith