Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Girls Night Out (with yarn of course)

With the winter being so busy my daughter and I hadn't had time for our monthly girl's night out.  Tonight we started it back up again by eating out and seeing a movie.


We saw Jurassic World in 3D and really liked it.  My sock wasn't really movie knitting material so I grabbed a small ball of chunky yarn and cast on while we were waiting for the movie to start.   


These are my theatre knitting tips:

1) Circular needles - you don't want to drop a straight or dpn and have it roll to the front of the theatre part way through the movie.  It puts a stop to your knitting and then you have to go searching for it.  I only had to do this once and I learned my lesson!

2) Wooden needles - they are quiet.  You don't want metal needles "clicking" during the quiet parts of the movie, the people sitting around you don't appreciate it

3) Knit something simple like garter st, stocking st or seed stitch.  



I was able to finish the ball of purple yarn before the movie was over so another charity knitting project is off to a good start.

No comments: