Sunday, June 7, 2015

More well loved vintage baby patterns

I really like to collect anything that has to do with knitting and this Lady Galt Baby Talk pattern book is another one of my latest finds.  I very rarely ever knit for babies but I couldn't resist this well worn book.


I like looking through the patterns to pick out ones that I would knit,


and the ones that I wouldn't knit (who needs loops on their panties?)


and to see the ones that were the most loved from the previous Knitter


You can see from the cover being held together with tape, this book has been well loved and used over the years.  


Lots of the pages have check marks and hand written notes by the patterns that have been knit.


This book was owned by a very busy  Mother or Grandmother and there were  some very loved and warm babies in her family.  I'm glad that someone decided to donate this book instead of tossing it in the garbage so I could add it to my collection.  And who knows, maybe I'll be reknitting some of the same sweaters when I have my own Grandchildren.

4 comments:

Nicky said...

I write directly onto my patterns
I recently knit a matinee jacket from a pattern that I had written on, for my new grand daughter. I had made it for her mother, when she was born, 32 years earlier.
I felt really nostelgic.

I put the date I knit it, and the name of the person that its destined for as well as any instruction changes.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

My Mom has a pile of vintage baby patterns - they are still some of my favourites!

Mereknits said...

I love to see the notations in the book, it was well loved.
Hugs,
Meredith

Caffeine Girl said...

A friend passed along a worn cookbook to me and I love all her comments. I think knitters and cooks should always make notes for future users!