Thursday, July 16, 2015

Canadian Lace Tablecloth

As the destashing continued today I found this lace project carefully packed away.  It was given to me by a knitting friend and it has been waiting for me to find the right time to start it.  I'm definitely keeping this and I think this summer would be the perfect time to cast on.


This is taking knitting doilies to a new level.  A tablecloth knit with 1800 meters of size 30 crochet cotton on a 2.25mm needle with a the finished size of 48 x 72".  The maple leaf pattern is what makes is Canadian.  Isn't it beautiful!

3 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

You're really considering this? I am wow-ed! That is a beautiful tablecloth, but also unimaginably hard, at least for me.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It IS beautiful, but I don't know that it's something I'd EVER finish!! Good luck!

Delusional Knitter said...

Oh my, that's a doozy! I am interested in seeing your progress!